The truth is our amazing patient experience is going to look a little different for the foreseeable future. It is hard for us, but it’s necessary. We are grateful to have a plan to safely care for our patients and their families.
Our office has always followed infection control recommendations made by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the American Dental Association (ADA). We are constantly following the most up-to-date guidance from these agencies and are adjusting to new rulings as they are issued. We are committed to keeping you and our staff safe by doing the following:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand and will ask some screening questions (see the list below).
- Our waiting area is currently closed. When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your car and call our office to let us know that you have arrived. We’ll ask you a few questions about symptoms that anyone may be currently experiencing. One of our team members will come to your car when we are ready for you.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office and we will be taking your temperature.
- We require a mask for all who enter the office and ask that you please minimize other people who do not have a scheduled appointment.
- We have added a HEPA air filtration system and do extra cleaning procedures of our office surfaces to ensure sanitation during the day. Our office is also regularly “fogged” with an airborne disinfectant after hours.
- Our staff is health screened daily and have been trained on additional COVID-19 safety measures to ensure their safety and yours. We may look a little different with masks, gloves, gowns, eye-protection, and hair coverings, but we still have the same friendly smiles underneath all that garb!
We take our jobs very seriously – both our job caring for the dental health of your kids and the job of protecting the health and well-being of our patients and team members. Parents trust us with safe-guarding their children who are medically-compromised and have very fragile immune systems. We do what is necessary to keep them and everyone safe and healthy. Thank you for your confidence in PedZ Dental. Our goal is to keep you and your kids smiling, even if it’s under a mask!
PedZ Dental COVID-19 Screening Questions
Has anyone in your household:
1) Been in contact with any COVID-19 positive patients?
2) Have or had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: fever, cough, shortness of breath, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, loss of taste or smell, flu-like symptoms or weakness/fatigue? Heart, lung, or kidney disease? Diabetes? Immune disorders?
3) Travelled in the past 14 days?